Rep GuidelinesUpdated Saturday August 5, 2017 by Welland Minor Basketball Association.
In the spirit of the game of basketball, its enjoyment, and with a primary focus on each individual’s skill improvement, all players participating as a member of a Welland Minor Basketball Association (WMBA) REP Team will NOT be able to participate in the WMBA house league.
The following guidelines will be in place for all WMBA REP Teams:
1. WMBA’s intentions are to field a REP Team at age specific groups’, however, should there not be enough players in a particular age group then age groups will be combined. Teams will be formed based on player’s skill levels.
2. All REP coaching staff will be approved by the WMBA Board.
3. REP Team coaches will be responsible for choosing their respected players. All REP Team coaches will be responsible for balancing their REP team budgets at the end of every year. No cheques will be provided to a REP Team coach without proper receipts.
4. Coaches receiving money towards their budget from a player must provide the family with a receipt. All transactions must be documented and submitted to the board at the end of the year.
5. An appointed Head Coach of a WMBA REP team can only coach one WMBA Rep Team in a given year. Any exceptions will be reviewed by the WMBA Board.
6. All WMBA REP Team try-outs will be open to any child wishing to participate. No registration fee is required until the player has been selected. (Registration is required)
7. All players in the WMBA Rep Program will play at their specific age group. Should a parent / guardian wish to have their child play at a higher age group then the parent / guardian will have to apply to the WMBA board for this status change.